Class 4 (Y1)
Welcome to Year 1's page!
We hope you find all the information that you need here and keep an eye on our blog page to stay up to date with all our latest learning! Please see links below and at the bottom of the page to help with your child's learning at home.
Teacher: Mrs Thomason
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Greenhalgh
- PE - Year 1 will have PE twice a week. Our PE days are Wednesday and Thursday. Children will need to bring their PE kit to school in a bag with their name clearly labelled. Children are expected to come to school on PE days in their full school uniform and will change in school for PE. PE kits can also be purchased from the school office.
- Reading - Every child will receive a reading book and diary, please try to read with your child as much as possible (at least 3 times a week) and sign your child's diary when they have read. Every read counts towards our rapid reading rewards. 20 reads = bronze badge and certificate, 45 reads - silver badge and certificate and 65 reads = gold badge and certificate. If your child receives a gold badge for each term they will receive a book voucher at the end of the year! Children will need to bring in their reading book and bag everyday.
- Rewards - In class we will be using class dojo to reward good behaviour, children can be awarded dojos for being helpful, working hard, doing their homework and following Harwood Parks core values. When the children reach 50, 100 and 150 dojos they will receive a prize! We also use class points for whole class rewards, the class which has the most each week will receive extra playtime.
- Celebration Assembly - On Fridays, we will have a special assembly where children receive certificates for attendance, core values and learning.
- Homework - will be handed out on Fridays and should be completed by the following Wednesday.
- School uniform- please make sure your child has the correct, full school uniform with their names in. Please can each child bring in their own named water bottle that they can keep in the classroom.
What are we learning?
Class 4's Timetable
Wondering what to read?
Have a look at the list below to find out the top 50 recommended reads for children in Year 1. How many can you read this year?
Read Write Inc
A collection of online resources to help your child with their learning.
Here are some more documents you may find useful, including the 'toolkits' which will give you an idea of what children are expected to be able to do by the end of the year.