Free school meals
School pupils aged between 4 - 16 years may be able to get free school meals.
Universal infant free school meals
From September 2014 all pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England will be eligible for universal infant free school meals. This will include academies, free schools, pupil referral units and alternative provision as well as maintained schools. If you are eligible for free school meals based on the criteria below, please complete the application form. Your child’s eligibility will attract additional funding for their school known as a Pupil Premium payment. This money helps the school to improve the education they provide.
If your child is in Year 3 or above, please complete the free school meal application.
You can apply for free school meals if your child attends a school maintained by Rochdale education authority and you and your child live in the borough. You must also receive any of the following benefits:
· Income Support (IS).
· Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
· An income-related employment and support allowance.
· Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
· Child Tax Credit (provided you aren't entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an income that doesn't exceed the current year’s level.
· The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
· Working Tax Credit during the 4-week period immediately after your employment finished.
· Universal Credit.
· You, as the parent or guardian, must receive Child Benefit for the child you are responsible for.
· Children who receive IS or IBJSA in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
· Children attending Rochdale council maintained nurseries, providing they receive education before and after lunch, and whose family receives a qualifying income.
If your circumstances change
If your or your child’s circumstances change free school meals may be withdrawn. All changes of circumstance must be reported by the claimant.
The Free School Meal Application Form can be downloaded from the school website. Alternatively, if you require a paper copy, please call at the school office. Forms can be returned directly to the Revenues & Benefits Team, PO Box 490, Rochdale OL16 9AJ, or handed in at the school office who will submit via the council internal mail system on your behalf.